Zanzibar Climate & Temperature
- Zanzibar, Tanzania is at 6°13'S, 39°13'E, 15 m (49 ft). See map.
- Zanzibar has a tropical monsoonal climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Am) with a dry season and a heavy monsoon the rest of year, no cold season.
- The annual average temperature is 25.7 degrees Celsius (78.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 3 °C (5.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1684 mm (66.3 inches) which is equivalent to 1684 Litres/m² (41.3 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2755 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Zanzibar you would come out nearest to the climate station at Atuona, French Polynesia where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Zanzibar, Tanzania Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Nairobi, Kenya - 611.4 kms (379.9 miles) NNW
- Dagoretti, Kenya - 610.5 kms (379.4 miles) NNW
- Musoma, Tanzania - 797.5 kms (495.6 miles) NW
- Arusha, Tanzania - 431 kms (267.8 miles) NW
- Moshi, Tanzania - 381 kms (236.7 miles) NNW
- Same, Tanzania - 289.6 kms (180 miles) NW
- Tanga, Tanzania - 127.1 kms (79 miles) N
- Tabora, Tanzania - 717.5 kms (445.9 miles) W
- Dodoma, Tanzania - 381.4 kms (237 miles) W
- Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania - 72.3 kms (44.9 miles) S
- Mbeya, Tanzania - 702 kms (436.3 miles) WSW
- Chitipa, Malawi - 761.1 kms (472.9 miles) WSW
- Karonga, Malawi - 719 kms (446.8 miles) SW
- Songea, Tanzania - 637.4 kms (396.1 miles) SW